Biography of Bill Gates Founder of Microsoft, one of the richest people in the World
Biography of Bill Gates, the story of the richest man in the world. Bill Gates has been at the top of the list of the richest people in the world for many years. Although he was dropped out of college, he is the boss and founder of Microsoft, the largest software company in the world.
Bill Gates Biography
Full name William Henry Gates III or better known as Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington. He is the second of three children.
His father William Henry Gates was a corporate lawyer who had many relationships in the city. While his mother Mary Maxwell was an employee of First Interstate Bank, Pacific Northwest Bell and a member of the United Way National Level.
Also Read: Biography of Mark Zuckerberg – Founder of Facebook The largest social media in the world
Bill Gates was an intelligent child, but he was overly energetic and tended to have frequent difficulties in school. When he was eleven years old, his parents decided to make a change in him and sent him to Lakeside School, a prestigious elementary school exclusively for boys.
Getting to know computers
It was at Lakeside that in 1968 Bill Gates was first introduced to the world of computers, in the form of a teletype machine connected by telephone to a time-sharing computer.
He quickly mastered BASIC, a computer programming language, and joined the self-taught hackers at Lakeside.
He spent hours writing programs, playing games, and generally learning a lot about computers.
“He was an eccentric,” as one teacher nicknamed him. Bill Gates attended Harvard University in Cambridge starting in 1975.
There he met Paul Allen while going to school together. Together with Paul Allen, Bill Gates continued to develop his talents in the field of computer programming. However, Bill gates decided to drop out to donate his time to Microsoft.
Through his hard work, the company he founded called Microsoft Corporation became successful and Bill Gates soared to become a millionaire.
In 1990 Bill Gates successfully released an operating system that was very successful in the world market. However, Bill Gates also got a bad reputation in his career. Not just once, he made several mistakes in his software business.
In the Biography of Bill Gates, it is known that in 1990 Bill Gates was sued by the United States Department of Justice on charges that Gates had monopolized small companies.
And once again Bill Gates stumbled upon the laws of the United States business law in 1999. In 2000, Bill Gates resigned from his position as Chief Executive Officer.
Bill Gates chose to return to his beloved profession of Head of Software Research and Development at his own company, Microsoft Corp.
And in early 2008, Bill Gates decided to resign from Microsoft management and concentrate on philanthropic work through the social foundation he founded, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Also Read: Biography of Steve Job – Apple Founder – The man behind apple’s success
Bill Gates Family
In his personal life, Gates married Melinda French on January 1, 1994. They have three children, Jennifer Katherine Gates (1996), Rory John Gates (1999) and Phoebe Adele gates (2002).
In Bill Gates’ biography, it is known that he and his wife, Bill Gates have established the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is a social foundation that cares for AIDS sufferers, scholarships for universities and third world concerns.
Critics say this is a testament to the anger many people have about his monopolistic practices, his corporate superpowers and some of the crimes he has committed, but some people close to Bill Gates say that he has long planned to donate most of his wealth.
In 1999 the Washington Post reported that “Gates has said he’s decided to donate $5 billion to their organization.
It is certainly not surprising because according to Forbes Magazine survey, Bill Gates has always been the richest person in the world consecutively during 1996 – 2004 with a total of $ 90 billion.
With hard work and determination, Bill Gates has now achieved his goals. Achieving success does require sacrifice and hard struggle, but Bill Gates’ hard work and unyielding attitude have produced results that he can enjoy today.
Consecutively from year to year until now Bill Gates is perched at position one as the richest person in the world.
Also Read: Biography of Jack Ma, China’s Richest Man, Founder of Alibaba.com
- Bill Gates Wealth Facts
- Bill Gates makes US$250 every second, that’s about US$20 million a day and US$7.8 billion a year!
- If he drops US$1,000, he doesn’t even bother to pick it back up because in the same 4 seconds it takes him to pick it up, he’s already earned the same amount.
- America’s national debt is about US$5.62 trillion, if Bill Gates were to pay that debt himself, he would pay it off in less than 10 years.
- He could donate US$15 to everyone in the world and still have US$5 million in his pocket.
- Michael Jordan is the most highly paid athlete in America. If he didn’t eat and drink and kept his annual income at US$30 million, he would still have to wait 277 years to be as rich as Bill Gates is now.
- If Bill Gates were a country, he would either be the 37th richest country in the world or the 13th largest American company, surpassing even IBM.
- If all of Bill Gates’ money was converted into US$1 bills, we could construct a road from the earth to the moon, 14 times back and forth. But that road would have to be made non-stop for 1,400 years and use a total of 713 Boeing 747 airplanes to transport all that money.
- Bill Gates is now 40 years old. If we assume he can live another 35 years then he would have to spend US$6.78 million per day to spend all his money before he goes to heaven.
- But! If Microsoft Windows users can claim US$1 for every time their computer hangs because of Microsoft Windows, Bill Gates will be bankrupt within 3 years!
After reading the biography of this inspirational figure, are you interested in starting or expanding a business? If so, you can rely on the services of vOffice. Our professional team is ready to assist you with various business needs, such as:
- Establishment of Limited Liability Company (PT)
- Establishment of Commanditaire Vennootschap (CV)
- Haki / Indonesia trademark registration
- Tax Consultation
- Virtual Office
- Office Space for Rent
- Meeting Room Rental
- and various other services.
Contact us now and get special offers!